Catch the Wave Water Fitness embraces the properties of water which create a natural, therapeutic gym for individuals wanting to improve their body wellness.
• To provide each individual with a safe and unique water fitness experience by creating a specifically targeted program which improves muscle strength and endurance, flexibility, posture, balance, and cardio respiratory fitness.
• To provide clients with information from accredited sources.
• Dedication: Catch the Wave Water Fitness is dedicated to the well being of each client.
• Collaboration: Catch the Wave Water Fitness collaborates with health industry leaders, physicians and organizations to provide clients with relevant health and wellness information
• Celebration: Catch the Wave Water Fitness will celebrate the steps however big or small that each individual makes towards their fitness goals
About Susan Kisilevich
Like many children, Susan’s love for water began by participating in the City of Edmonton, YMCA and YWCA swimming programs. In her teens she enthusiastically taught swimming lessons and became a lifeguard. Aquatic training caught her attention in 1989, when she received her Fitness Alberta (formerly known as the AFLCA) Aquatic Exercise Specialty Leader Certification. Since then, her passion for exercise and aquatic training and equipment knowledge has grown.
Susan is a certified WaterART Master Trainer with 13 aquatic specialties including but not limited to Rehabilitation, Common Movement Disorders and Sports Conditioning. She also holds current certifications as an Aquatic Group Instructor with the AFLCA and CALA. Her motto is “Wellness Through Water”®,using the water to train clients for healthy living on land and she is the
owner and operator of Catch the Wave Water Fitness Inc.® in Edmonton.
Susan is also a registered and practicing Occupational Therapist and has achieved, from the University of Alberta, a Master of Science in Occupational Therapy as well as Master of Arts in Sociology. Focused on program evaluation, her research challenged the notion of evaluation as being necessarily reductive, judgemental, and often leading to incorrect results. She is also a graduate with honors from the NAIT Personal Fitness Trainer Diploma Program including certification of Corrective Exercise Specialist from the National Academy of Sports Medicine.
Using her strong academic background and experience, she provides timely and useful training to her clients on land and in water, which enables them to be challenged and evaluated in a positive and progressive way.